Symptoms may change or worsen as chronic kidney disease reaches this stage. Common ESRD symptoms may include:
- Pain—May be caused by the disease, its care, or other health problems. It may be felt all over the body or in certain places such as the bones, muscles, nerves, or belly.
- Feeling weak and tired.
- Loss of hunger and weight loss.
- Itchy skin.
- Problems with breathing, sleeping, thinking clearly, or concentrating.
- Swelling—Can happen in the face, hands, legs, ankles or feet.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Reviewer: EBSCO Medical Review Board Adrienne Carmack, MD
- Review Date: 07/2019 -
- Update Date: 07/08/2019 -